Changing 2004 – 2008 Acura TSX (Automatic) Transmission Filter
Follow at your own risk. I am not responsible if you break something, sustain injury, or are mauled by bears.
Version 1.1 - Last Updated August 1, 2017
1. Flat Head Screwdriver
2. 10mm socket
3. Socket wrench and/or socket driver (smaller may be better)
4. 90 degree pliers (available at AutoZone or similar)
1. Genuine Transmission Filter -- p/n 25430-PLR-003 (Honda and Acura part number is identical)
2. Honda/Acura Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF).
3.0 quarts if doing a transmission drain and fill.
If ONLY changing the filter, very little fluid will escape, but keep 1 quart ATF on hand, just in case.
1. Buy part, tools, and some ATF. Honda and Acura Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) is identical.
2. Locate automatic transmission filter. (Yeah… I borrowed my daughter’s flashlight since mine needed charging)
3. Make room by removing small box, with a flat head screwdriver.
4. Make room by undoing two 10mm bolts. (be careful not to lose these!)
5. Remove the black clip holding the filter in place.
6. Using 90 degree pliers, squeeze metal hose clamp on both slides, and slide it away from the filter.
7. Once the metal hose clips have been slid away, the transmission filter can be pulled out.
It may leak a small amount. Put paper towel(s) underneath it as you remove.
Be prepared to plug both ends with a paper towel as well.
8. Install the new transmission filter. Note the large ring is closer to the BACK/rear of the vehicle.
That’s the RIGHT, in all of my photos. Be sure to squeeze the hose clamps and slide them back into place.
The rubber hoses should overlap the transmission filter and be locked in place by the hose clamps.
Now carefully reverse your steps to reassemble everything.
Reinstall black transmission clamp.
Reinstall two 10mm bolts.
Re-attach small fuse box.
10. Final check – is everything back like it was?
Check ATF dipstick; top-off ATF with a funnel.
Start engine, drive a few blocks, and check for leaks.
Drive a bit further … how is shifting?
You’re done! Congratulations.
Write Up by DaysOfNoah in Denver, Colorado
Thank you for visiting OnlyManuals.com
Your Acura TSX 2004 PDF will be emailed to you
Get access to all pdfs for this model paying only $15
Wha’t the manual worth to you?
We host so many manuals on the site it costs us over $700 per month to stay online. If we helped
you at all - could you consider donating to keep us online?