READ THIS INSTRUCTION BOOKLET CAREFULLY BEFORE USING
THE APPLIANCE. ONLY IN THIS WAY CAN YOU ACHIEVE
THE BEST RESULTS IN THE MAXIMUM SAFETY.
- After unpacking, check the product for damage. If in doubt, do not use; contact a
- The plastic packaging bag is a potential source of danger and must be kept out of
the reach of children.
- Before plugging in the appliance, check that the power supply corresponds to the
voltage shown on the registration plate.
- If the plug and power point are incompatible, have the plug replaced by a qualified
- Do not immerse the appliance in water.
- This appliance must only be used for its intended purpose. Any other use is
incorrect and therefore dangerous. The manufacturer disclaims all liability for
damages resulting from incorrect, wrong or careless use and/or repairs made by
- When the appliance is connected to the power supply, observe the following
important safety rules carefully:
- Do not touch the appliance with wet or damp hands.
- Do not use the appliance with wet or bare feet.
- Do not unplug the appliance by pulling the power cord.
- Keep the appliance out of the reach of children.
- Do not put foreign bodies inside the air purifier.
- Do not leave the appliance exposed to atmospheric agents and do not use
- Do not obstruct the air emission grill;
- If the power cord is damaged, have it replaced immediately by a qualified person.
- Should you decide not to use the appliance again, make it inoperable by first
unplugging it, then cutting the electric power cord.
- Before cleaning or carrying out any maintenance work, always disconnect the
appliance by removing the plug from the power point.
- In the event of failure or malfunction, switch off the appliance and do not attempt
to repair it yourself. Contact an authorised Service Centre and insist on the use of
original spare parts and accessories.
- Before using, always check the condition of the electric power cord.
KEEP THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN A SAFE PLACE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
1.De Longhi air purifiers incorporate the latest technology in domestic air filtration;
2.A powerful, silent, fan motor draws the air through the main grill.
3.Dirty air passes through a prefilter “E” that removes the larger airborne particles
such as lint, dust and pollen. The partially filtered air is then drawn through a
long-life HEPA filter with a large surface area, easily distinguishable by its plastic
frame. This HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter removes particles as small
as 0.1 micron, filtering all kinds of particles and even bacteria.
4.The air then passes through an activated carbon filter which removes odours; the
filter is dark grey and is easily distinguished by its highly porous appearance;
5.Purified air is then returned to the room.
6.When switched on, an independently controlled ionizer releases a cloud of
negative ions into the outgoing filtered air;
7.When coming into contact with the negative ions, small airborne particles become
negatively charged. These can then combine with positively charged particles to
form larger particles which are subsequently filtered by the purifier;
8.The negative ions help create a better balance of ions in the room as, generally, there
is a predominance of positive ions over negative ones. So ionizing helps reduce the
static electricity created by rugs, carpets, televisions and computer screens.
9. You are recommended to use the ionizer not more than two to three hours per day.
With more prolonged use, the dust may settle on walls and floors and thus become
Frequency see registration label
Suitable for rooms of up to
Number of fans
see rating label
DESCRIPTION OF APPLIANCE
A) Filter Acces Door
G) Air intake grille
B) Filter Change Indicator
H) Ionizer Indicator light
C) Filter Cartridge
I) Ion switch
D) Odour-preventing activated carbon filter
L) Purifier Indicator light
E) Washable prefilter
M) Speed Control
F) HEPA Filter Media
N) Air outlet grille
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
1. Unpack the air purifier and place it either vertically (upright), horizontally, or wallmounted in such a way that the air intake grill and air outlet are free from
obstructions. An ideal position is near a wall in a central location.
Your unit can be wall mounted.
Use a drill to make two holes 19.2 cm apart (26.5 cm DAP 130) (fig. 4). Insert the
pressure screws into the holes then hang the unit.
2.After checking that the voltage of your home corresponds to that indicated on the
appliance, plug it in to the power point;
3.Set the desired operating speed with the selector M; the pilot light will come on;
4.To release negative ions into the air through the purifier, switch on the ionizer; the
pilot light will come on;
5.To reach the best level of air filtration, continuous use of the purifier is recommended.
Its sturdy motor has been designed to guarantee many years of operation.
For continual use, you are recommended not to run the fan at maximum speed.
For lower noise levels or in the bedroom, select SLEEP mode.
If there are large quantities of impurities in the room, select the highest position
for faster air circulation and filtering.
CLEANING THE APPLIANCE
Clean the outside of the air purifier with a soft, clean, damp cloth to remove dust,
grime and fingerprints.
The prefilter E can be removed (fig. 3) and washed separately in warm, soapy water
(NOT in a dishwasher). Dry the components carefully before replacing.
WARNING: Do not use water to clean the purifier.
MAINTENANCE AND FILTER REPLACEMENT
1.Check the condition of the filters and prefilter periodically.
Proceed as follows:
2. Remove the filter Cartridge (fig. 2). Check the prefilter. If there is a considerable
accumulation of dust and other impurities, remove the prefilter from the filter
Cartridge (fig. 3) and wash it by hand in hot soapy water. Dry thoroughly before
3. The life of the HEPA and active carbon filters depends on the conditions in which the
unit is operated. Indicatively, in normal conditions, the HEPA filters should last about
six months and the active carbon filters from two to three months.
4. To check the efficiency of the HEPA filter, compare the colour of the filter with the
colours shown in the “B” filter condition indicator inside the filter access door.
When the filter changes from white to dark grey or brown, it should be replaced.
Do not wash the activated carbon filter or the HEPA filter; once exhausted, these
filters can no longer be used.
5.De Longhi replacement filters are available from our service centres and from
home appliance retailers.
Replacing the filters
• Remove the filter access door.
• Press the filter Cartridge downwards until it is released.
• Extract the filter Cartridge.
• Check the filters as described above.
• To replace the active carbon filters, proceed as follows: lift the used filter from one
end and remove from its housing. Insert the new filter, making sure to position it
correctly under the special tabs.
ELEC TR IC A L C O N N EC TIO N ( U K ONLY)
A) If your appliance comes fitted with a plug, it will
incorporate a 13 Amp fuse. If it does not fit your socket,
the plug should be cut off from the mains lead, and an
appropriate plug fitted, as below.
WARNING: Very carefully dispose of the cut off plug after
removing the fuse: do not insert in a 13 Amp socket
elsewhere in the house as this could cause a shock hazard.
With alternative plugs not incorporating a fuse, the circuit
must be protected by a 15 Amp fuse.
If the plug is a moulded-on type, the fuse cover must be
re-fitted when changing the fuse using a 13 Amp Asta
approved fuse to BS 1362. In the event of losing the fuse
cover, the plug must NOT be used until a replacement
fuse cover can be obtained from your nearest electrical
dealer. The colour of the correct replacement fuse cover
is that as marked on the base of the plug.
B) If your appliance is not fitted with a plug, please follow
the instructions provided below:
WARNING - THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED
The wires in the mains lead are coloured in accordance with
the following code:
Green and yellow:
As the colours of the wires in the mains lead may not
correspond with the coloured markings identifying the terminals
in your plug, proceed as follows:
The green and yellow wire must be connected to the terminal
in the plug marked with the letter E or the earth symbol
or coloured green or green and yellow.
The blue wire must be connected to the terminal marked
with the letter N or coloured black.
The brown wire must be connected to the terminal marked
with the letter L or coloured red.